Friday, October 8, 2010

Will's Choice (36-63)

Summary
In this section of the book Will's parents found out that will did try to commit suicide.  His mother Gail wondered why she did not pick up on this and why she did not take the hint when she realized that his room was cleaned.  They found out that he tried to commit suicide when Will's step-brother was searching Will's room.  His step-brother found the suicide notes under his bed and all the empty medicine bottles.  There was a note for his mother and father, his girlfriend, and there was one that was addressed to friends and family.  Will's step-brother was so frustrated when he found these under wills bed.

Quote
"Suicide euphoria" (Griffith 37).

Reaction
In the book Gail, Will's mother, said that this was scattered throughout the therapeutic literature.  Euphoria is a feeling of happiness and confidence.  when I read this I thought it was contradictory because when people normally think of suicide it is depressing and since euphoria is a feeling of happiness I just thought it was contradictory.

1 comment:

  1. who experiences the euphoria? I need more context to understand the quotation.

    need to expand the summary section, watch capitalization of Will's name

    ReplyDelete