Summary
The first section of the book is about a 17 year old boy named William who was diagnosed with depression and how his mother went into his room to tell him to get up so that he could say good bye to his stepsister Jane before she went off to college. But when Gail, his mother, went into his room to wake him, she realized that he was not aware of his surroundings. He was also his skin was a yellow-gray color and it was clammy. After they found him like this, they called for an ambulance and tried to get him to respond to them. Once at the hospital they asked if he was on drugs or drank. They then rushed Will of so they could taker him to get an EKG(Electrocardiogram). Gail asked if she should call Will's father and have him come down and the doctor said that she should. She then thought that the worst was going to happen: he was going to die.
Quote
"Oh, Jesus, this can't be happening." (Griffith 21)
Reaction
When the narrator said this she was freaking out because the doctor told her that she should call her ex-husband and tell him to fly out. This is because she was scared that the worst was going to happen and that he was going to die. When I read this I thought that he was going to die too. I thought that it was very sudden that a character was already going to die in the first chapter in the book. I was scared for the mother that she was going to loose her son. I am scared that the doctors are not goint to figure out what is going on with William.
-how does William's situation affect the relationship between Mom and Dad?
ReplyDelete-watch simple edits